Last Updated: January 01, 2021
Email and Prohibited Content
Your use of the Think Passenger, Inc. (“Passenger”) Website and the Services is subject to this policy. If you are found to be in violation of our policies at any time, as determined by Passenger in its sole discretion, we may warn you, or suspend or terminate your account. Please note that, in accordance with the Passenger Terms of Service, we may change this policy at any time. It is your responsibility to keep up-to-date with and comply with this policy. Capitalized terms not defined herein shall have the meaning set forth in Passenger’s Terms of Service.
Passenger has a zero-tolerance spam policy. This means that all email recipients to whom you send email through the Services must have opted into, or otherwise validly consented to, receiving communications from you, the sender. Your account(s) may be terminated for sending unsolicited email messages.
Email messages sent using the Service must contain an “unsubscribe” link that allows the recipients of such invitation messages to remove themselves from receiving your email messages. You acknowledge and agree that you will not hide, disable, or remove or attempt to hide, disable, or remove the opt-out link from any email message sent via the Services. You will actively manage and process unsubscribe requests received by you directly within ten (10) days of submission, and update your email lists and address books to reflect the unsubscribe requests.
You are responsible for ensuring that the email messages that you send via the Services do not generate a number of spam complaints or bounce rates in excess of industry standards. If Passenger determines that your level of spam complaints or bounce rate is higher than industry standards, Passenger, at its sole discretion, has the right to suspend or terminate your use of the the e-mail functionality of the Services and/or Website and Services. If your emails sent through the Services generate high abuse rates or high bounce rates, we may request additional information regarding your mailing lists to investigate and attempt to resolve the problem, or in some cases we may suspend or remove email privileges on your account.
- Emails you send via Passenger must have a valid reply-to email address owned or managed by you.
- You can only use the email functionality of the Services to send emails to lists of people that gave you permission to email them. If you don’t have proof that each recipient on your list opted in for your emails, don’t import them into the Services.
- We prohibit the use of harvested mailing lists. Passenger will terminate accounts violating this prohibition.
- We prohibit the use of third-party, purchased, or rented mailing lists unless you are able to provide proof that individuals on the list have opted-in to receiving emails of the type you will be sending them.
- You must not send unsolicited mail to newsgroups, message boards, distribution lists, or email addresses.
- You must not send any commercial electronic mail messages (as defined in the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003) to any recipient who has opted out, unsubscribed, or otherwise objected to receiving such messages from you or another party on whose behalf you may be commissioned. If you intend on sending commercial emails, you should familiarize yourself with the CAN-SPAM Act, which outlines requirements under United States law for sending out such emails, and any other applicable anti-spam laws.
- You must not use Passenger to send emails with deceptive subject lines or false or misleading header information.
- You must not include in your emails sent via Passenger any material that was not created by you or on your behalf by a third party, provided for you to use, or that would violate third party’s rights. This includes text, photos, graphics, and other content.
- You must not send email that will be delivered to recipients as text, SMS, or MMS messages unless using a feature of the Services designed for that purpose.
If you suspect that Passenger has been used by someone to send spam, please contact us immediately at email@example.com and we will investigate the matter.